Usina Coruripe Açúcar e Álcool, a privately held company, headquartered in the city of Coruripe, State of Alagoas, informs the market in general that, due to the rapid development of Covid-19 in the world and the appearance of the first cases of contagion in Brazil, the company is taking several measures to monitor the evolution of the virus and reduce the risk of contamination. The objective is primarily to protect employees, their families and the community. On February 27, 2020, the Company created a Health Crisis Committee to coordinate efforts and align preventive actions, such as:
• Structuring a preventive plan to ensure the health and safety of employees and the company's operational continuity;
• Permanent adoption of orientation campaigns on the theme, in addition to the increase in the availability of alcohol gel in strategic points of the areas, reinforcement of cleaning in all environments and determination of spacing between people in the company queues;
• Institution of the home office work regime for employees who have administrative work, determining a minimum number of employees necessary to guarantee the Company's operations;
• Suspension of any external / internal event for 60 days;
• Suspension of external face-to-face visits to the units, favoring meetings online;
• Cancellation of all international travel and restriction of local travel to those necessary;
• Establishment of three levels of medical evaluation, according to specific situations, aiming to act in a preventive way in the general care of employees.
The finance / IR team will maintain regular service through the contacts indicated below:
We will continue to monitor the development of the news and keep the market informed.
Maceió, March 18, 2020.